The Earth Care and Spirituality Resource Team (ECSRT) is a response to the resolution by delegates to the 81st Annual Meeting of the Maine Conference United Church of Christ (2012) to embrace all creation as our sacred cathedral and promote care for Earth, its living beings, and ecosystems.
We help people relate spiritually to God’s creation and take responsibility for the health of the natural world around them. The ECSRT offers workshops around the Conference at the invitation of churches and associations.
We publish a monthly spiritual reflection based on spiritual experiences the writers have had concerning the natural world. In 2019 ECSRT started Earth Church, a seasonal opportunity for people to gather as a worshiping community seeking to find and experience God in nature.
Check out the ECS Resource Team on Facebook!
- Musing Into Ministry – December
- Trap Day, Monhegan – October
- Wild Harvest – September
- Watching the Water Flow – August
- A Palpable Sense of God’s Presence – July
- A Day on the Thomas Laighton – June
- Witness – May
- Little Darlings – April
- Lent – March
- Winter Woods – February
- Acorns – January
- Tree Climbers Poem – January
- Feast of Crumbs – February
- The Porcupine – March
- Earth Day Celebration – April
- Falling in Love Three Times a Day – May
- Right in Front of Me – June
- Spirit of an Old Forest – July
- Rain – August
- Down in the River to Pray – September
- Sheep Island: Good Company, Beauty, and Abundance – October
- Faith in Things Unseen – November
- The Gift of Watchfulness – December